Thursday, December 23, 2010

Original Painting California Landscape by JC Strong

It’s been a turbulent 24 hours. Southern California has had lots’ of rain. My neighborhood lost power for 18 hours. (I kept the frig closed so my Christmas goodies would not spoil. I know what's important.)

Water came down so hard, our road seemed like a river. Everybody is safe in our neighborhood. It just reminded me nature is in control.

I started this painting of the T-Street area, bridge, and majestic tree before the lights went out and I finished it this afternoon. It's a beautiful sunny spot in San Clemente, California. I'll paint a rainy day some other time.

I give the old masters a lot of credit for the ability to create without electricity and heat etc. I couldn't paint in candle light. I'm glad for the little advantage's this Christmas, like electricity and heat.

Latest Updates:
I started a Facebook Fan Page you can see additional samples of my work on that page. I also enjoy viewing other artist's work

4 comments:

  1. Ack, sorry to hear that your power was out for so long but glad everyone is safe, including those Christmas goodies! ;D

    I'm off to like your new facebook page. Have a Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you and thanks for taking a peek at my FB page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful painting JC - sorry about all the rain. Hope that you have a wonderful Holiday! lots of love Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the weather news with the images from SoCal. Hope all is well with you this season and all the best in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete