Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Cracking the Code – Ocean Art

 

Since I live near the Southern California coast I’ve a strong interest in ocean art. Many of my paintings are waves surf, and the undulations of the water. When I first started to paint this subject; I thought there was a secret code. If I could cipher it or find the right color, teacher, learn a tutorial I could master the “blue wave.”

Well with time I learned finding and creating the perfect wave is in the process. Waves are filled with different color, light, and attitude. At times the ocean is calm and still, bright and sunny filled with happy waves then changes to a loud boisterous mammoth face of water….

So I’ll just keep plugging along like a surfer after a long day and just know that I’ve enjoyed the ride…

No comments:

Post a Comment