Friday, June 24, 2011

Art Inspired by Birds and Raptors


I'm a member of a variety art teams on Etsy and I often post Etsy Art Treasuries and assume everyone knows what I'm discussing. A friend of mine asked me, what is a treasury? The following is a little information regarding treasuries and my motivation.

An Etsy Treasury is a "member-curated shopping gallery comprised of lists of items. Lists contain 16 items. Members can feature their favorite items, items selected on a theme or whatever they like...."

My treasuries are usually a mix of my favorite art works of fellow team members and new artists. (Click the links on the above treasury and you'll see details regarding each artwork)

I approach a treasury as a creative process. I focus on a theme, find images that are creative, and then mix different genres of art to create a cohesive theme.... Hopefully this mix gels and will highlight the artist and promote the arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment