Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Latin Jazz Music, Past Loves, and Art

Around Valentine’s Day, I think of past and present loved ones. I started thinking of my dad and how he loved Latin Jazz and salsa music. So I spent yesterday listening to some of his favorites. I went on You Tube and played some great music by famous Cuban singer Celia Cruz. (My father's taste ran from "big band music" to jazz.)

The music was energetic and sultry. I spent the day dancing, painting and drawing with ink. Great combination ink and jazz. This was one of the paintings, I think of it as a dancing still life. The entire process was fun and a little bit of a celebration.

Latest News and Etsy Updates:
Tantalize Your Walls I by jcstrong is a treasury of fine art in a variety of mediums. The selections are a feast for your walls.

Monday Beauties by Goodflorist is a treasury of art, photography and fashion accessories.

1 comment:

  1. Celia Cruz definitely sings with energy.

    I love sumi ink paintings.
    Your painting has it's own energy, indeed.

    ReplyDelete