Friday, July 16, 2010

Art Resources and Original Acrylic Floral

Although my medium of choice is acrylics or ink I search for art solutions in different areas..

I love the library. I know the web is an extraordinary resource but I like the feel and touch of books, especially art books. I came across “Alla Prima” by Richard Schmid. Mr. Schmid is an oil painter but his down to earth ideas and insights could apply to different types of mediums.

His paintings are grounded in a strong foundation and have a lively spirit. Hmm, I’m not an art critic but I sure enjoyed his book and images...

Today's painting is taken from around the house. I love the wonderful pink of the flower but neutralized the background. Just click shop and find more information regarding this original painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment